Pyeongtaek Pet Rules / Laws:
- Be considerate of others and understand not everyone loves pets. Some people are scared of them.
- Pets must be leashed. Should be decent and appropriate in length FINE: 100,000 won
- Pets must be tagged. The tag must specify the owner’s name, contact number, etc. FINE: 200,000 won
- Residents must pick up after dogs (so carry bags with you). FINE: 100,000 won
- You are required to care for the pets you adopt for their life time. Abandoned pets FINE: 1,000,000 Won.
- All pets must be registered by 3 months old. They are registered with the Pyeongtaek City Livestock Division at your nearby animal hospital. Korean's use chips to register their animals. FINE: 400,000 won. (learn more at www.animal.go.kr)
If you need more information than this: Contact the Pyeongtaek City Livestock Division at phone number 031-8024-3840~4