Thursday, July 6, 2017

Fire Cooked Lobster

 

This is another one of those places I expected to hate and didn't. There are so many ways a Lobster Roll can go wrong and I've tried most of them. Even when I had one in Maine the lobster was tasteless, barely there, and it cost like $15 while not filling me up. (Even remembering it makes me sad). But enough about them. Let's talk about this Fire Cooked Lobster joint.



Last night on the way to TacTac I was totally seduced by the affordability of this Lobster Roll (9,000 won each) and the fact they were cooking the tails with a blow torch. Honestly, if you light it on fire or put it on a stick I'm going to eat it even if it's food I normally hate. I'm paying for the experience. Can't tell you how many crappy things I've eaten because of this. (I don't actually love everything I try. I just only write about the things that make me happy for some reason.)



Much to my surprise and - maybe even - annoyance. I completely loved the Lobster Roll. It's so douche and gimmicky buy it was also good and reasonably filling (on a hungry day I might eat two). The weird sauce they put with the chips was even fun to eat. Weird, but tasty.  I can't wait to go here again. I'm so hoping they keep up the great work keeping the lobster tails cooked to perfection. It made such a difference. (I really don't like rubbery lobster or crab).



This is a wonderful addition to Pyeongtaek. I'm hoping they are super popular so that they can maintain their quality and focus on doing what they do right.


For address and WAZE directions to anything on this blog download the South of Seoul App from either Google Play or Apple App Store. We made the app to accompany the blog because it's easier to keep update with current information. In the past we've tried keeping the information on the blog but it's too hard for us to maintain the information in two places at once over time. Since we compile and write blogs around a full time jobs without compensation, we need to do it the most efficient way possible with as few steps as possible. 


https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.app.southofseoulz